Well, here it is; the completed mock crochet hat. I'm pleased with the way it turned out for my first try, and hope to make more in many different colors. I just love this stitch. I used the green loom and started with the tail end cast on, knitting a couple of rows of K1, P1 for the ribbed brim. Somehow it didn't turn out quite right. I stitched the mock crochet for around 6 inches, and then did 5 rows of the 1 over 1 stockinette stitch. Directions for the mock crochet stitch can be found here.
HINT: Don't do what I did trying to end the last three stitches after every round. I literally stayed up all night until 5:00 a.m. trying to figure out why I was getting large holes down one of the rows.
"But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. To the LORD I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill." Psalm 3:3,4
Preorders for The Great Afghan Loom-a-long
2 days ago