Thursday, March 16, 2006

St. Patrick's Day Miracle Scarves.

Well, finally I completed the two miracle scarves created on the green loom with Lion Brand Fun Fur Prints in Citrus and solid Lime. I'm pleased with how they turned out. One will be presented to the teacher I work with. The other, I actually get to keep. I have to say they take a lot longer than one hour to complete. I'd love to make more, but I think I'll give my hands a rest for the moment! I definitely recommend the super-stretchy bind off from www.yarngear.com for the finish. I feel the crochet bind off method that Provo Caft recommends would be tedious.

"Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling. . .
Blessed are all who take refuge in him." Psalm 2:11-12

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda, those "miracle" scarves look great! When I tried to make a scarf with the fun fur the fine threads tended to get tangled in the weaveing process and I had to go back through and pick it out. Did you have to do that? Yours look AWESOME! The colors are gorgeours! Go Linda!

linda: off the loom said...

Thanks, Melanie. No, I didn't seem to have that problem. The only problem I had was that it seemed to be a very slow process. Yesterday, for the second scarf, I literally knitted from 4:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m., just to get it done!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Your scarves are really cool! I had no idea you were into this...very fun!
Have a great day!
Jen

snickersdoodle1956 said...

I dont know if i am repeating my question that i asked but i will give it a try
i needed to find out a few things. what is a prayer shawl loom, where do i find the patterns for the prayer shawl and the magical shawel or what ever the name of it is
i think that was it thanks
debbie from michigan