Wednesday, June 21, 2006

completed triangle shawl

Click on image for larger view

I completed the triangle shawl today. I think it turned out nicely. I used the pattern on Gail's blog. Gail used DA's prayer shawl loom in this pattern, but I don't have that particular loom, so I used the yellow KK loom. I e-wrapped single strand 1 over 1 using Red Heart Plush in Wine. I was surprised to see that the shawl knitted on the yellow KK loom turned out as large as it did.


This is what the shawl looked like before I added the 10" fringe. To make the fringe, measure a piece of cardboard the desired length of the fringe you'd like to add. Wrap the yarn around the cardboard as many times as will fit. Cut the yarn on one end of the cardboard.

Fold the fringe strands in half forming a loop and use a crochet hook to pull the loop through the edge of the garment. Pull the ends of the strand through the loop and tighten.

Looming through the Psalms
"Arise, LORD! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless." Psalm 10:12

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love the color!

Anonymous said...

It's really exciting to see that someone can understand my instructions and make something so beautiful. It's nice to see it on the yellow knifty knitter - I may have to try that one too.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the shawl. You've inspired me to try it on my prayer shawl loom (after I finish the two afghans I'm working on).

riehlcowz said...

I would to love know to know how long this took? I have made several shawls on the yellow loom but they are rectangles. I have to try this!

riehlcowz said...

I want to know how long this took. I have made several rectangle prayer shawls but can't wait to try this one!

linda: off the loom said...

This shawl took around 3 days to complete.

riehlcowz said...

Thanks for the warning! LOL

Anonymous said...

it is amazing how something so simple can turn out so beautifully!

diana said...

hi,

i want to try to make the triagle scarf and I only have the yellow round loom, can you post the pattern please? And how do you do the 1 over 1 stitch?

thank you
diana

Unknown said...

Yes please post the pattern

Unknown said...

Yes please post your pattern

craftycountrymomma said...

I have been looking for a Pattern for this using a KK looom, you did a Beautiful Job

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me the diameter of your shawl loom? Also, is it possible to do this on a long knitting board?

Ima_do_it_2012 said...

This scarf is beautiful! I have been trying to make a triangular shawl on the long loom but have such trouble doing so. Any tips? I make shawls for people in nursing homes.

IAH1 said...

Do you know how many skeins of yarn (or yards) it took to make this?

linda: off the loom said...

The pattern and instructions can be found on Gail's blog listed in the post. It calls for 2 skeins. I used Red Heart Plush in Wine.