Wednesday, May 31, 2006

black & silver hat

One of the projects I wanted to loom was the basic hat pattern from the book, Knitting Wheel Fashions.
It looked more like a beret style hat, and I just loved it. I had to improvise on the yarn, so this hat didn't turn out exactly like the one in the pattern. I couldn't find the Red Heart Fiesta Black/Gold. I think I can order this yarn online, so I may redo the hat using this specific yarn. I made this black and silver hat on the green KK loom using Caron Simply Soft black and Caron Glimmer black. I made a brim first and then used a stitch called the double wrap. I used a pom-pom maker called the Doodle-Loom to create my first pom-pom.

Looming through the Psalms
"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders." Psalm 9:1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked at the hat in the book, from the picture of it on the web, and your hat looks just like it to me. good job
Cindy

Linda H. said...

I tried making the hat too, but the instructions for creating the loose stitch were not clear. The book said to slip a stitch and when I did that the whole thing unravelled. Any help on how to do the loose stitch correctly would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at racyspyder@hotmail.com
Thanks, Linda

Anonymous said...

I am making this hat right now and the loose stitch part is not working for me. Any suggestions or pics for this part?? stormscout@att.net