Sunday, December 17, 2006

sugar cube dishcloth

Lion Brand Yarns sends out an e-newsletter and they usually include a knit stitch of the week. The stitch was called "sugar cubes." I thought I'd try and convert the pattern to the loom and make a dishcloth using this stitch. I loomed this one on my DA extra small 3/8" gauge WonderLoom. It turned out pretty close. The yarn was Sugar 'n Cream 100% cotton, hot green, but I think this pattern would look pretty in any variegated cotton yarn as well. Once I wash and dry this cloth, it should set the stitches. I wrote Lion Brand Yarns to ask permission to post the converted pattern on this blog, but haven't heard back from them yet. As soon as I do, hopefully I'll have permission to post it. The pattern calls for repeats of 8 rows. I did around 8 1/2 repeats for the cloth to measure approximately 8" x 8". On a larger gauge loom you may not need as many repeats. I used the knit stitch and to bind off I used the basic bind off.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I LOVE it Linda. You are such a talented loomer. I would love to have the instructions for this beauty. Here's my email... indianajanice@yahoo.com