Thursday, July 20, 2006

the unveiling

Our never-ending yard project is complete at least for now!
This is how our yard looked at the beginning. A complete transformation has taken place. The last project remaining was the deck. Remember the ugly red paint and the damaged wood?
Well, this is how it turned out after the Deck Doctor arrived! It's like I had a new deck installed. The redwood is absolutely gorgeous!
The Deck Doctor comes to the rescue!
Here is a photo of the whole crew at work. Several sanders were used at the same time. This is what the redwood looks like from years of weathering. It's amazing to see the transformation and the beauty of the wood after it is sanded. This was the first time I had actually seen the reds and blondes of the wood since we bought our home. The deck had never been kept up with by the original owners, so the wood was always grey.Here's another view of the deck and completed landscaping.
My rock garden.
The plants have lost their flowers since I planted them, but they will be in bloom next spring and summer. I planted Flox, Irish Moss, Lemon Thyme, and Ice plants. Eventually the plants will spread and grow in between the rocks.
My husband built these flagstone steps for me. I think they turned out pretty cool.
A great place to loom! My works in progress include a dishcloth and prayer shawl.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a huge difference! Your deck is gorgeous! I'm so glad that your project is completed and now you can rest and relax and enjoy your new backyard!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful!!! Perfect for entertaining a crowd or quietly knitting and reflecting. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Linda it looks amazing - I can't wait to see it in person!

How beautiful, and I'm glad that you still have some summer time left to enjoy it too!

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks beautiful, Linda - it really is a transformation.

Hope your time in L.A. is going/went well in every way possible. I've got a hug waiting for when you get back! Dale can hug Lenny :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks great! All that hard work has certainly paid off. I hope you're having some good "family" time in L.A.! Hang in there :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! looks great! Enjoy while the weather is nice.

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! Have fun enjoying your hard work for the rest of the summer.